Saturday, December 15, 2007

Is That a Bug?

Sweet: new super-raw backpack prototype. I think I've finally hit upon a decent messenger bag-backpack hybrid. I've made a similar bag before, which didn't turn out so well, but this one is way better. There are a few reasons, but the most significant one is that the bag's fit is more independent from the bag's load. In other words: if you have a bunch of crap in your bag it's not gonna pull the straps all goofy like...which sucks a lot, let me tell you...
Uh, let's see...and this bag has a fifteen-inch flap.
And I haven't put the compression cord on the lip yet...'cause I'm a lazy sod. Next challenge: making hot shoulder straps (and getting the angle right). Contoured? Sternum strap? We'll see...
Got a suspended corner here. If you have a full load, loosen the webbing so the shoulder strap isn't pulled at a weird angle.

No comments: