Tuesday, August 17, 2010

iPad Case

Here're some prototype iPad cases I've recently made.
My friend was looking for a case that had a greater range of angle adjustment than other cases. Few, if any, commercial cases can go from a small angle to a large angle while maintaining rigidity.
My friend uses this as a laptop, so a small angle for typing is important to him.

Here's my latest effort:
Apple kindly put most of the buttons near the corners, where you'd want to put retention straps, so getting the iPad to attach to the case was the first challenge.
As you can see, I've used a series of loops with paracord to hold the iPad in place. It's secure and none of the buttons (and speaker) are covered (mostly).
Not the prettiest thing, but it works. Has a sort of tactical look, I suppose. Ha.
The next challenge was making it adjustable. I'm pretty happy with this system. It's a hinged sliding piece that you can shape into various triangles to get the desired angle. It needs to be cleaned up, but the concept is good.



Here's my second effort. Had two pieces that slid into the case and would sit in the slots on the right. Never have loose pieces.

This is my first case. Another picture-frame design, but with Velcro. I'm not a big fan of Velcro...

No comments: