Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Label This

Mandatory bag-maker photos: ah! my labels just arrived!
I ordered my labels from BCI, where it seems a lot of indie manufacturers (and Guess Jeans) get their labels. Or maybe BCI just has really good Google manipulation. I don’t know.
Anyway, they’re really nice damask woven labels. I thought that BCI automatically added a quarter-inch seem allowance to the top, as implied on their website, but apparently not. I wanted half-inch…but a quarter-inch is plenty wide. I’m just paranoid about things unraveling. Lesson learned: never assume anything when dealing with people who can’t spell “label” or “opaque.” Woops.
But I'm pleased with 'em. And check out BCI's website. They have a lot of hepful info on labels 'n' such (more than most), and they'll give you some free samples of labels they've made for other people.
There's another label maker out there who has a smaller minimum (250 as apposed to 1000), but I don't know what I did with the postie note that had their address on it. Hmm. It's on my desk somewhere...

No comments: