Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hawai'i Pack, Part III

[One]
[Two]
Here's my big fat hip belt. I think it turned out pretty well...as far as I can tell at this moment.
1000d Cordura on the outside. 100-weight fleece on the inside. The fleece isn't slippery, so it helps the belt stay put. Also, since it's stretchy, it doesn't bunch up as much along the curves. This = comfortable.

Loops on the sides for little pockets.
1.5" buckles.
Ladderlock buckle there will attach to the back of the bag.
This is the pack/belt attachment system. The loops on the belt enmesh with the loops on the pack via an aluminum bar. Swift. We'll see how it works in the field. So far so good. Shloop. Just like that. Some Velcro keeps it in place.

And here it is attached to the pack. You won't be able to see it when it's done, since there'll be a pad sewn here. I have a feeling it's going to be a pain to attach. Ha.
Notice the LL buckles on the belt. I put them too close to the pack. Es la vida. I haven't yet sewn the webbing that'll go in those buckles though. Here're the parts of the belt. Nylon, 1/2" closed cell foam, fleece.
And coming up next... Gonna put a lumbar pad right here.

No comments: